SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
Negative Sensorgrams - SPRpages
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

Negative Sensorgrams

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1 by PJMCM
Negative Sensorgrams was created by PJMCM
Hello all,
I suspect I might have worked out the answer to my question in the process of putting this topic together, but I'd love to hear to some more thoughts on a problem I've been having. Please see the Slides 1 to 5 attached to help explain my process and problem.

In brief - I suspected that I was seeing non-specific binding of some tool compounds to the neutravidin surface I was using to capture my biotinylated protein of interest. To test this I ran parallel binding experiments in two different channels - one with only neutravidin immobilised and the second with neutravidin and then my protein captured onto this.

Crucially - in this second channel I ended up with more neutravidin in Fc1 than in Fc2. 

For the compound I was most suspicious about ('Compound 3') I think I confirmed the above - clear binding response in the neutravidin-only channel and a negative binding response in the neutravidin/PoI channel (negative sensorgrams caused by the higher neutravidin in Fc1 being subtracted from a lower neutravidin response in Fc2).

For Compounds 1 and 2 I'm slightly more confused as I think I clearly see binding in the neutravidin only channel - but I don't see that same negative binding response in the neutravidin/PoI channel.

All sensorgrams/binding plots shown are buffer blank subtracted, where 1 % DMSO buffer (to match the 1 % DMSO content of all compound-containing injections) has been injected over the same surfaces.

Key questions:
1.) Why do we think I'm not seeing the negative binding responses for Compounds 1 and 2?
2.) Why am I not seeing the same binding responses/sensorgram profile between Channel 6's Fc2 and Channel 7's Fc1 (both should be neutravidin-only).

Many thanks for any thoughts and help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #2 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic Negative Sensorgrams
High, sorry for the late response.
I think you are right but did you try the the volume exclusion correction for your compound 1 and 2?
Since matching DMSO concentration can be challenging.

Maybe interesting to read www.sprpages.nl/troubleshooting/negative-curves

P.S. the slides are too small wit too much information to be readable. Please upload one sensorgram at the time.

kind regards
Arnoud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Arnoud