SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
CM5 chip issues: chip storage - SPRpages
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

CM5 chip issues: chip storage

• troublemaker
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 1 month ago #1 by troublemaker
CM5 chip issues: chip storage was created by troublemaker
Good day all!
My questions are: 1) How do you use the CM5 chip for storage? I store in my running buffer. But the problem is in RU for the baseline when I dock the chip. RU is different all the time. I tried docking several times, without experiments, just flushing with a running buffer. So, RUs were 24000, 26000, 25000. Is it worth storing the chip after undocking without a buffer? 2) As long as we use one CM5 chip, after the regeneration step and when we start the experiment, do we need to do the activation step all the time? Because after each experiment, my RU values ​​for Activation decreased.

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #2 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic CM5 chip issues: chip storage
Hi and welcome

1)     www.sprpages.nl/howto-faq/how-to#Tstore Docking may give a different baseline since this is dependent on how exactly the sensor is docked and you have made probably new buffer which can vary a little. Exact absolute baseline levels are not an issue since you measure relative differences during the interaction.Before docking wash a wet-stored surface on both sides with water and dry carefully the surfaces without touching the ligand sides. Introducing liquid on the detector side can cause faulty read-outs.
2)     Not sure what you do. You can activate the CM5 surface once and immobilize a ligand to it. Essentially a sensor surface is a disposable object. You can reuse the sensor surface only with the ligand attached to it.

Kind regards
Arnoud
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Arnoud.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ArnoudArnoud