SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
SPR CAP-chip - SPRpages
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

SPR CAP-chip

• Zhumabekova
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #1 by Zhumabekova
SPR CAP-chip was created by Zhumabekova
Dear All,
good day. Hope you're doing well. I have some problems with blocking step on the CAP chip. Does anyone know how to solve problem: After the injecting blocking reagent, the RU increases and decreases until the baseline, wash away everything (SA+ligand).
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 7 months ago #2 by
Replied by on topic SPR CAP-chip
Hi, and welcome.

Why do you need a blocking step? And what is you blocking solution?

kind regards
Arnoud

• Zhumabekova
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 7 months ago #3 by Zhumabekova
Replied by Zhumabekova on topic SPR CAP-chip
Thanks for your reply,
What about non-specific binding? Is it okay to skip this step?
I was wondering to have non-specific binding on the CAP chip surface.
Blocking solutions, ethanolamine and biotin.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 7 months ago #4 by
Replied by on topic SPR CAP-chip
Ethanol amine definitly not. This is a capture approach not an covalent immobilization.
Biotin? Maybe, when you are concerned about free avidin bindin sites, but if your analyte is free of biotin, I wont be bothered.
But, make a reference surface without your ligand to test non-specific interaction to the surface. This wil give you information if biotin blocking is necessary.

Arnoud

• malayres
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 7 months ago #5 by malayres
Replied by malayres on topic SPR CAP-chip
Hi,
Depending on which Biacore instrument you are using, you may not want to inject free biotin at all, even if you are seeing non-specific binding. If you have a serial flow cell system, the biotin can leak into other flow cells and obscure analysis/ interpretation. If you are having issues with non-specific binding to the CAP chip surface, I'd recommend removing biotin from the experiment altogether (if possible). For example, try capture with a his-tag or other tag that your ligand might have. I have seen NSB to streptavidin with many of the peptides I analyze. And as Arnoud suggested, use the reference surface for subtraction.

Moderators: Arnoud