SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
Sharp Peak at Start of Injection? - SPRp
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

Sharp Peak at Start of Injection?

• raulu95
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #1 by raulu95
Sharp Peak at Start of Injection? was created by raulu95
Hello, I am currently doing some optimization on a lower resolution SPR before running this experiment on a Biacore. At the start of my injection, I see a sharp peak followed by immediate signal increase (shown below). Is this likely due to a buffer mismatch?

To give some more details if needed, I am looking at an association between a protein (40 kDa) and other large macromolecule (40 kDa) that is expected to form a complex. It is unclear how slowly dissociation would occur so we would most likely just be able to view the association phase by SPR. Immobilization went as expected because of pH scouting and the running buffer was sodium acetate with 100 mM NaCl (pH 5.1) (used HBS for immobilization on a carboxyl chip). I know this isn't the typical running buffer used but it is what is experimentally relevant for this situation
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by raulu95.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
2 years 10 months ago #2 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic Sharp Peak at Start of Injection?
Hi,
When you have the same with a buffer alone injection, it is something from the injection system.
Normally a buffer mismatch (flow buffer / analyte buffer) is only visible during analyte injection.
Is this a reference subtracted line?

Arnoud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ArnoudArnoud