SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
which chip do I choose and how should I
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

which chip do I choose and how should I start working

• Emakoo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 1 month ago #1 by Emakoo
Hello everyone!
I was given the possibility to use an SPR equipment (BI 4500 from Biosensing). We first want to quantify a recombinant protein produced in culture of Bacillus subtilis. The 43 kDa protein has a c-myc tail. My idea is to quantify it by adhering an anti-C myc monoclonal antibody to the chip and then running my samples and reference. My question is, which chip do you recommend using? What protocol could I use (indicative bibliography for example) I should review to start fine-tuning my technique (buffers, temperatures, etc)

Thanks a lot!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #2 by Arnoud
To immobilize the anti-C myc monoclonal antibody you can use the amine coupling and aim for a high density. Any carboxylated sensor surface can be used for this. Recommended is a surface with carboxylated dextran which has a higher capacity than a flat surface and using the pre-concentration it is more efficient in immobilizing ( www.sprpages.nl/immobilization ).
To really quantify your protein you have to make a standard curve of known concentrations of your protein of interest.
You want probably inject the cell lysate. You have to make sure that there are no aggregates or cell debris in the sample. Spinning down and filtration is recommended before injection. The injection will cause a high refractive index jump and only after the sample pulls is passed the amount of bound protein can be determined.
Kind regards
Arnoud
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Arnoud.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ArnoudArnoud