SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
two-compartment model - SPRpages
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

two-compartment model

• Nad
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 4 months ago #1 by Nad
two-compartment model was created by Nad
Hi all,
it is possible to find the two-compartment model in biaevaluation software 3.0? And it is correct to use this model in case of mass transport effect?
thank you in advance
Nad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 4 months ago #2 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic two-compartment model
Hi Nadia,
The two-compartment model is not present in BiaEvaluation 3.0.
Mass transport itself is linear in nature and the two-compartment model makes use of two exponentials so it seems the two-compartment model is not correct to model mass-transport. There is a 1:1 model with mass transfer in BiaEvaluation 3.0.
In general it is better to optimize the experimental conditions instead of trying to model the data with complicated models since it is often difficult to explain what the parameters in these models are/do/imply.
Arnoud

• Nad
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 4 months ago #3 by Nad
Replied by Nad on topic two-compartment model
Hi Arnoud,
you're right. I try to optimize the experimental conditions but I'm not sure I found the best condition, so I would like to try the two different fitting model. I can't find 1:1 model with mass transfer in my BiaEvaluation software too, it is possible to import it?
thank you
Nadine

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 4 months ago #4 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic two-compartment model
The 1:1 model with mass transfer should be present in BiacEvaluation 3 as far as I know.
But I will send you the model which you can import.
Arnoud

Moderators: ArnoudArnoud