SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
Help: No curves obtained at 37°C! - SPR
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

Help: No curves obtained at 37°C!

• meng
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 8 months ago #1 by meng
Hello, I have tried to study antibody receptor binding interactions at 25°C and 37°C. Unfortunately I did not get any curves at 37°C, independent of the ligand concentration. We're using an anti-His antibody capturing the receptor as ligand. Is the receptor properly immobilized at 37°C? Does this kind of experiment require special considerations regarding sample preparation, buffers or is it perhaps due to the method setting itself? Because I have not performed a thermodynamic analysis...

My question: What do I have to consider if I want to investigate biomolecular interactions at 25°C and 37°C regarding method setting and experimental conditions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 8 months ago #2 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic Help: No curves obtained at 37°C!
For so far I know there are no real differences in experimental set-up between measurements at 25 or 37°C. You may wish to degas buffers better for measurements at 37°C. Maybe you have to normalise the detector after changing the temperature.
You can immobilize at 25 and then raise the system to 37°C.
What will change is the kinetics, but when you have some kinetics at 25°C I expect that you have to observe some at 37°C.

Kind regards
Arnoud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ArnoudArnoud