SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
Funny looking data - SPRpages
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

Funny looking data

• amgwong
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #1 by amgwong
Funny looking data was created by amgwong
Hi I recently performed an experiment to determine the Kd of a1500 Da small molecule to a 41000 Da protein. I immobilized about 5000 RU of the protein and got a series of curves that all look the image. I am not sure what to make of it. Did I immobilize too much or too little protein?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• amgwong
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #2 by amgwong
Replied by amgwong on topic Funny looking data
image didn't add the first time. here it is

Attachments:

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #3 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic Funny looking data
Since the scales are not visible I cannot say anything about the response level. Also is this original or processed data? The shape of the curve seems to have a kind of lag at the starting point and maybe some mass-transport. Overall the curves look fine. Dissociation seems not to go to baseline. Always difficult to find out why not. Immobilizing less ligand can sometimes do the trick.

Kind regards
Arnoud

• amgwong
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #4 by amgwong
Replied by amgwong on topic Funny looking data
The data has been processed. The curves max out at 90 RU. I was expecting the different concentrations to have different intensities but this is not the case.

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 1 month ago #5 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic Funny looking data
Try a wider concentration range. Say 4-5 concentrations and dilute with a step 5x. Also inject an zero concentration (dilution of buffer of the analyte + running buffer) to check that this is not a problem.

Moderators: ArnoudArnoud