SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
2 Questions: Functional Ligand and Repr
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

2 Questions: Functional Ligand and Reproducibility

• mtarca
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 2 months ago #1 by mtarca
Dear Arnoud,

I have 2 questions.
1) The first one is in regards to calculation of functional ligand. I saw Biacalculations information in the site and followed the formula for functional ligand. I got about 163%. See attached. Is this typical? Why above 100%? The mol. wt. of the analyte is 20813. What should I expect for higher molecular weight analytes like 67kDa?
2) The second one is in regards to reproducibility of the KD's, if I run the same samples back to back (ie. different days). Is getting approximately 2x difference acceptable in the world of SPR? Also, see attached data.
Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #2 by Arnoud
Hi,
I was wondering if your ligand is an antibody? Antibodies have two binding sites thus you have to multiply the Rligand with 2 and then you get a functional ligand percentage of ~81%.

High affinity interactions rely heavily on the dissociation part of the sensorgram. A slight drift can alter the results already. Thus I think you are pretty good here. If possible repeat a third time and try to get a CV below 20-30%.

Regards
Arnoud
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Arnoud.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ArnoudArnoud