SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
What is exactly meant "Equlibri
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

What is exactly meant "Equlibriate the SPR system" ?

• Charlesmsa7
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 5 months ago #1 by Charlesmsa7
Hi everyone, Am using BiaCore 3000 SPR system.
I got a suggestion to equilibrate the system.
I need small clarification in this step.
equilibration could be done for an overnight / minimum of 3 hours / 6 prime runs.
I can do 6 prime runs. But
When we are telling "equilibrate the system for 3 hours means"? what i should do in the SPR machine?
Is it running the sensorgram with injecting running buffer at a specific flow rate? or just standby runs?
How i can do that in Biacore 3000 instrument?
Is it necessary before every experiment? or after docked a new chip? after changing the buffer?
ThankYou in Advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 5 months ago #2 by Arnoud
Hi,

Equilibration means that the system is washed thoroughly with the running buffer. If you run a sensorgram the drift in the lines should be almost zero indicating a stable system. Run standby, prime several times or perform a manual run for some time and check the lines.
When you run a method it is advised to program 3-5 dummy cycles to 'equilibrate' and stabilize the system. The dummy runs consist of all steps but without the analyte and including the regeneration step and extra washes is needed.
In a cycle you can program a wait period of 5 minutes to stabilize the curves after starting the sensorgram. Generally the system starts from a low flow rate and the experiment is at a higher flow rate. The wait period will stabilize the curves.

- prime after changing a sensor chip or flow buffer bottle
- run a sensorgram until the curves are stable
- program a wait period in a cycle and dummy cycles each time you run a program

Arnoud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ArnoudArnoud