SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
No binding - SPRpages
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

No binding

• mtarca
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #1 by mtarca
No binding was created by mtarca
Dear SPR pages,
I have been trying to do Kinetics on this sample set: a mAb with an Analyte that has Mw of ~25kDa. I am seeing No Binding at all. I am using a Capture method with ProteinA immobilized on a CM5 chip. The mAb binds really well on the Protein A surface, but No binding seen for the Analyte. Completely flat. I did find information on the Analyte sample, it has a His-tag on it. Is this the issue? How can I do SPR on protein samples that has a His-tag on it?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #2 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic No binding
HI,

It is possible that a HIS-taq is interfering with the binding to the antibody but I would be supprised to see that. You can immobilize an anti HIS antibody to capture your HIS-tagged-protein.
Maybe first coat the protein in an ELISA plate and confirm that the mAb is recognising your protein before trying more SPR.

Kind regards
Arnoud

• mtarca
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #3 by mtarca
Replied by mtarca on topic No binding
ok, will check on the Elisa. Also, is it also possible to capture the His-tag protein using an NTA chip? Saw that Biacore sells these NTA chip, activated by injecting a solution of Ni2+ ions first then capturing the histidine-tagged proteins.

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #4 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic No binding
Yes, the NTA-chip is especially designed for the capture of HIS-tagged proteins.
The advantage is that you can strip the HIS-tagged protein from the surface and reload it with a different one.
kind regards
Arnoud

Moderators: ArnoudArnoud