SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
Displacement experiment - SPRpages
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

Displacement experiment

• jpsumida
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #1 by jpsumida
Displacement experiment was created by jpsumida
I have a general question I'd like to pose regarding the analysis of ultra high affinity interactions. One such approach, when using an ITC instrument, would be to saturate one's ligand with a low affinity binder and then "displace" the low affinity binder with the high affinity binder of interest.

The solution involves solving a series of linked equilibria which results in a cubic expression for the fraction bound which is then, in turn used to analyze the apparent-K and then to extract the affinity constant for the high affinity interaction.

Is there an analagous approach that might be applied to SPR?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #2 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic Displacement experiment
Hi,
I had to look in my database for some publications. There are not many on this topic and I did not find any regarding high affinity interactions. Maybe these publications are of help.
Kind regards
Arnoud

References

1. Alexander-Brett, J. M. and Fremont, D. H.; Dual GPCR and GAG mimicry by the M3 chemokine decoy receptor. J.Exp.Med. (204) 13: 3157-3172; 2007.
2. Karlsson, R.; Real-time competitive kinetic analysis of interactions between low-molecular-weight ligands in solution and surface-immobilized receptors. Analytical Biochemistry (221) 1: 142-151; 1994.
3. Nieba, L., Krebber, A. and Pluckthun, A.; Competition BIAcore for measuring true affinities: large differences from values determined from binding kinetics. Analytical Biochemistry (234) 2: 155-165; 1996.
4. Yamniuk, A. P., Edavettal, S. C., Bergqvist, S., et al.; ABRF-MIRG benchmark study: molecular interactions in a three-component system. J Biomol Tech (23) 3: 101-14; 2012.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ArnoudArnoud