SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
Some trouble can prevent just blocking b
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

Some trouble can prevent just blocking bubble?

• Koreanraichu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #1 by Koreanraichu
Greetings.
Recently, I have a many problem in SPR analysis such as disappearing of band, curve's drift, (awfully)chaotic plot... :(

I asked to advisor about this phenomena, he said 'that's occured by bubble'.

because, generally, band moves when changes reflection index you know, like picture above. (channel 1 and 3, band movement occured by Collidal gold sample) But in first picture, band was disappeared like equal symbol(=). So I was so embarrassed...

I use peristic pump when run experiment. but It cannot locate 15ml falcon tube perfectly, and I have to rotate between washing phase and inject sample. Because tube is too short for dip in tube far away...

And, I saw bubbles like soda someday. How can I remove bubbles in buffer, like SODA-POP?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #2 by Arnoud
Hi K.S.Ha,

To minimize air bubbles in your buffers and tubing make sure that all buffer are 0.22 µm filtered (to remove small particles), degassed (minimizing bubble forming) and at the proper (room)temperature (this will also minimize bubble forming).

If you have difficulties with your instrument, I would first optimize the tubing, pumps and the general set-up. Now you are give yourself a hard time with working with an non-optimized instrument.

Kind regards
Arnoud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ArnoudArnoud