SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
CM5 Lifetime - SPRpages
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

CM5 Lifetime

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 11 months ago #7 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic CM5 Lifetime
Hi,

I never have seen that the gold layer was detached from the glass. Are you sure that it was only the gold layer? Maybe you can contact XanTec because a detaching gold layer is a strange phenomenon in my opinion. During the more than twenty years that I use the Biacore sensor chips and store them wet I had never a detaching gold layer. Some chips are stored for over more than two years.

If the ligand is compatible with dry storing you could try to do that.

Arnoud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• XanTec
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 11 months ago #8 by XanTec
Replied by XanTec on topic CM5 Lifetime
Hello,

We don't recommend wet storage, but offer a special chip stabilization buffer, which is dropped onto the chip surface after undocking and then dried. The thin film which results after drying consists of protective substances and conserves the activity of many different ligands. Upon docking, this film dissolves within less than a minute and the chip surface is ready for re-use.

Best regards

Erk

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 11 months ago #9 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic CM5 Lifetime
Hi Erk,

Thank you for your answer.
I looked in your catalog. It is probably the product

-Stabilization buffer 50 ml B S-50

Do you think we can use it on the Biacore CM5 sensor chips?

Kind regards

Arnoud

• XanTec
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 11 months ago #10 by XanTec
Replied by XanTec on topic CM5 Lifetime
Hello Arnoud,

Yes, this is the stabilization buffer. It exists in two versions: One with lower viscosity for dropwise application on SPR sensorchips and one having a somewhat thicker formulation for dip coating of microarray slides and similar substrates.

These buffers should be useful for any immobilized ligands, which have to be stored dry on sensor chips, microarray slides etc., regardless of the substrate's manufacturer. The details of the buffer application should be optimized from case to case depending on the dimensions and format of the substrate.

Best regards

Erk

• Jaren
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 10 months ago #11 by Jaren
Replied by Jaren on topic CM5 Lifetime
Lifetime of the CM5 should be quite a while. Storing wet in HBS-EP+ buffer I have had Protein A immobilized chips last over a year with constant use (over 1,000 cycles). Most likely it is the protein on your chip surface.

Moderators: ArnoudArnoud