SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
Binding values I get with zero buffer -
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

Binding values I get with zero buffer

• biaenthu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #1 by biaenthu
Binding values I get with zero buffer was created by biaenthu
Hi arnoud,

I have this doubt- When I inject a zero concentration or plain buffer! I get binding values of 5-10 RU in the active flow cell but the stability of that binding value in the active flow is <5 RU or negative.. If I look at 2-1 binding values for the same zero concentration I get 1-5 bidning RU and <3 stability RU values.

My question is can a zero buffer give any binding at all? if it does, are these RUs significant?

Let me know if you need any more information thanks

(PS: I use ready to use HBS-P buffer on a T100/200 instrument)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #2 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic Binding values I get with zero buffer
A perfect zero signal upon buffer injection is not often seen. Also, a small response of 5 - 10 RU is in most cases normal. The signal with buffer injection should be block shaped and the same in all channels. By subtracting for instance 2-1 you have the difference in chanel behaviour between 2 and 1. Ideally this will be close to zero.
The software on the T100/T200 will use this zero concentrations for double referencing.

Make sure you prepare the buffer injections and samples dilutions from the same running buffer and cap the vials.
A slight difference (1 mM NaCl) can result in 20 RU response!

Ref: Rich, R. L. and Myszka, D. G.Survey of the year 2000 commercial optical biosensor literature. J.Mol.Recognit.14: 273-294; (2001).

• biaenthu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 9 months ago #3 by biaenthu
Replied by biaenthu on topic Binding values I get with zero buffer
Rich, R. L. and Myszka, D. G.Survey of the year 2000 commercial optical biosensor literature. J.Mol.Recognit.14: 273-294; (2001)
can i get this article?

thanks best regards

Moderators: ArnoudArnoud