SPR-Pages

pagelogo
back
Reconditioning CM5 chips - SPRpages
back
This forum is intended for questions about kinetics, Surface Plasmon Resonance and the instruments related to these techniques.

Reconditioning CM5 chips

• cdavid
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #1 by cdavid
Reconditioning CM5 chips was created by cdavid
Hello all,
I have tried the method of Chatelier et al. Analytical Biochem 229, 112-118 1995. Briefly, it involves treating a protein-immobilized CM5 chip with Pronase followed by bromoacetic acid in NaOH to regenerate the carboxyl groups. As Arnoud mentions in his fabulous SPR book (just got it and I'm very impressed), and I can attest, the NaOH dissolves the glue and the chip detaches from the plastic holder. The chip needs to be incubated overnight in the acid/NaOH solution, does anyone have a trick to keeping the solution on the chip without it touching the sides?
Cynthia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Arnoud
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #2 by Arnoud
Replied by Arnoud on topic Reconditioning CM5 chips
Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for your kind words.
What I try when I regenerate the chip, is to add a very small drop in the center of the chip surface which is not touching the sides. In the instrument only the center is used a sensing surface. Then incubate in a humid chamber.
Second solution could be to reglue the chip in the frame. A quick search learned that there are special glass/plastic glues which harder with UV. Never done it my self.

Arnoud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: ArnoudArnoud